June 14, 2011

Lets get this DIY show on the road

My sister and I have bunkered down an begun some test runs of different projects for the wedding. We mostly just felt like we should be productive while watching two of our favorite childhood movies, Quest for Camelot & Anastasia. So amidst singing along with all the songs we successfully put together a boutonniere, washed all the dishes for the makeshift cake-stands and Hannah is just finishing up making paper cones for the birdseed toss. I completely failed in the cone-making process, I can't even really explain how terribly I performed. Hannah kept trying to show me how to do it, but I'm pretty sure I was way over thinking the process. 


We also got our marriage license today!


Miles was completely mesmerized by the clerk's calligraphy. Really. He kept talking about it for the rest of the day. We also got a new TV yesterday. Combining all our gift cards that we've gotten so far--we only paid $3 out of pocket for this baby. And we've been watching movies non-stop ever since Miles' set it up.


We didn't quite think through how we would get the TV home after purchasing it. The box was literally just as wide as my car. And we had 3 people to get home. So Miles squished into the little triangle crevice between the TV and my backseat. Above is a before and after picture. Before, so positive about making this trip home work. After, feet literally falling out of the car when I opened the door, and totally unamused with all my giggly picture taking. 

17 days!

1 comment:

  1. ohhhh how i love you guys. all of you. and your DIYing/old school movies/marriage licenses/giant TV/etc.

    love.

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me