Yes, I realize this post is a few days late for the actual Thanksgiving holiday, but I didn't plan ahead to post before we left to visit family and I didn't bring my computer along on the trip. I have so much to be thankful for, but I'll narrow it down to my top ten (in no specific order):
- a wonderful husband who makes me laugh so hard, and does everything in his power to coax me out of a bad mood
- my family, sometimes I can't believe how amazing they all are. and that we're related.
- my nanny baby and how she cuddles
- Riesling, kale chips & Walking Dead evenings with mah Boo
- that my car is still running and gets us from A to B (please don't ever stop)
- walking to our wonderful church on crisp Sunday mornings
- wearing tights
- dreaming of our first house (and the gajillion Zillow posts we email to each other) and the puppy that we will adopt before even the first box is unpacked
- Miles giving his best effort to finish the Hunger Games series for me
- Boo finally conceding that it is now the Christmas season and we can finally decorate/pick out a tree/listen to music/watch christmas movies non-stop
There are big things that I am thankful for, as well as the million tiny things that fill my minutes, hours, days. My life is so wonderful. Miles and I have been so blessed. We both agreed not to let the spirit of thankfulness pass as we move into a new season. I hope to really be contemplative and reflective on a more daily basis. Every third Thursday of each month methinks is the new mini-thanksgiving for Miles and I and our little family.
Once again, I failed completely at taking pictures this weekend. Just too busy having fun and stuffing my face with delicious foods. But I did make sure that Miles took a picture of the three siblings before they flew back to Chicago last night. Miles and I are SO EXCITED about our trip up to Chicago in February to hang out with these cool kidz.
So happy Caleb was here this year. Y'all, I have the best, coolest, most beautiful siblings.
Happy late Thanksgiving!!