April 28, 2012

Just Some Thoughts

As I wait for Miles to come home from work on this beautiful Saturday, I find myself needing to express some thoughts. 

Dislikes:
-When I can't find what I want in used book stores
-When shipping costs more than the books on Amazon 
-Loving a novel, devouring each page, only to get to the end and be completely disappointed by it. 
-Finishing all the past seasons of Gossip Girl on Netflix, only to realize that the current season is too far in for me to watch on Hulu. 
-Admitting how much I like Gossip Girl.

Likes:
-Open-mouthed, slobbery baby kisses
-Having so much time to read (even crappily ended YA novels)
-Young Adult novels. No shame. 
-Texting my sister about books/tv shows
-How she totally plays along with my whining/pining/exclaiming from 500 miles away

Missing:
-School? Kind of. Mostly having something that needs to be done. A task, assignment, deadline. (Because I obviously need something better to do with my time when all I have to talk about is what I'm reading and/or watching)
-Going to a coffee shop to get said task/assignment finished. 
-Chuck and Blair.


It is painfully obvious to me (and probably you) that my life is really not hard at all. And these likes and dislikes are incredibly superficial and silly...but this is my life! When I thought about what I wanted to do immediately after graduation/wedding times, I wanted to chill, to simplify, to regroup. And dang, thats definitely what I've done. My life is really basic and bare bones right now. Half of me is really ok with it, and the other half feels like a slacker. But I really do feel like I am where I'm supposed to be right now. I know I'm not going to nanny it up for the rest of my life. I think the half that feels like a slacker is the half that still tries to do what I feel is expected of me. What "the world", "others" expect of me...but as hard as it is sometimes, I'm choosing not to work with that (imaginary?) timeline. 

So bring on the YA novels and the ridiculous tv drama. I didn't really let myself have that all through college, and not even really in high school, or ever...so I'm making up for lost time. And let it also be known that I probably read more non-fiction than fiction. Just. In somewhat defense of this post...this post that has transformed into one of the weirdest posts ever. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me