May 30, 2012

Oh, June

Thinking about this month and all that it holds is pretty overwhelming, thankfully in a good way. 
We begin with Miles' birthday on the 5th. My husband's birthday. Thinking about it in those terms, "my husband's", makes me feel butterfly-ey all over again, almost a year later.

The day after his birthday, we head down to the burbs for a dog-sitting stint. Hopefully we won't be working too much to be able to enjoy the pool and actually enjoy being outside in the heat. While we're dog-sitting, we are also scheduled to close on a house!!! Yep. June 12th, if all goes well, we will become home owners. Two weeks from yesterday. Phew, thinking about it in that time frame makes my stomach turn. Really, with the dog-sitting, we only have a week left in our tiny apartment. Our first little home. And that thought fills me with excitement and a little sadness at the same time. 

So we finish dog-sitting and are planning on moving in Father's day weekend. I love the house and can't wait to start unpacking and finding a place for everything, but I think that will be a looong process. Since we know we'll be in this house for a while, we can really settle down and find things that are specific to the spaces we want to create. And we'll have some small bedrooms to work with--so imma have to get super creative. We're so excited to make this house our home; to eventually turn all our talk into reality, to have a backyard and a deck, a washer, dryer and a dishwasher (!!!). And we'll of course be so happy to be done with house hunting, offer making and contract reading. Fourth times a charm?

At some point during this month I will get to see my mom for the first time since August! I can't wait to just sit down and have a face to face conversation with her. Maybe in our new home? Probably. Which just makes it all the more special. 

Then at the end of the month we will be skipping town, and probably leaving a very cluttered un-organized house, to celebrate our one year anniversary! How has it been a year already? I remember last June and all the wedding build up so well, I can't believe how quickly this year has flown by--and how much has happened within it. So June will be full of moving forward to new, exciting, scary grown-up things, and looking back on an amazing year (or 26, for Miles).

This was a wordy post. But June is going to be ridic!! I'll have to relish in the (imagined) peacefulness of the last day and a half of May.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me