August 15, 2011

Lately

Miles and I have been pretty lazy about doing things lately, and when we do them we always forget to take pictures. My phone now has been overrun by adorable nanny baby pictures. This little bebe is so incredibly adorable and sweet, I'm sure if she could speak she would tell me to leave her alone 80% of the day. I will do anything to get her to smile (but its not really that hard, so presh), I will talk in an exceedingly high pitched voice for several minutes just to get her to coo along with me. Most of the time I wonder how I get paid for this...But then she'll have a diaper blow out or not want to go down for a nap (and want the whole world to hear about how she doesn't want to nap) and then I think to myself, "yes, I absolutely get paid for this". Then have to hold my breath to change the diaper or convince myself that I won't actually lose my mind if she doesn't immediately stop screaming. But I'd say thats only about 10% of my time with her. Maybe less? I lucked out. As far as jobs go. As far as jobs when you have no idea what to do with your life but still need to pay bills go.

Today was the first day since I began watching the baby that it stayed cool enough for us to be outside for a long period of time. I walked out of our apartment building this morning and thought I was going to cry it felt so incredible outside. I have finally realized/decided that fall is my absolute favorite season. I don't know why it took me so long to realize it. I guess I don't want to give any of the other seasons the shaft because I love little things about all of them. But fall has to win in my book. Fall brings relief (the sweet, glorious relief) from summer's sweltering heat, the trees turn colors and the colors take your breath away even if they're the same as last year's, there are corn mazes and haunted houses and Thanksgiving and cool breezes and tights to be worn and pumpkins to be picked and there is Christmas to be prepared for. That last bit, that has to be by far the best thing about fall--it carries us to the Christmas season! Bethany=obsessed with the Christmas season. Then there is winter and snow is fun for a while, then everything is cold and wet and salty (but Christmas is over, sooo....wompwomp) and spring is so beautiful and everything is in bloom, but then there are terrible storms everywhere and I worry all the time and then summer is fun when the pool is finally warm enough to swim in. But come August I'm over it.

I just love fall and I get butterflies in the morning when I walk out and the air is cool. That happened this morning and here it is, 9:00 at night and I am still in a good mood from that breeze.


I'm going to take that baby on so many walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me